Disclaimer / Liability
Security Check: Please always wear your name badge. Persons without registered name badge are not allowed inside the symposium venue and lecture rooms.
Daily badges will be only valid for the days registered and paid.
Registration Desk: Open at all times that the conference is on.
Phones and Cameras: Please note that it is not allowed to use portable / mobile telephones or cameras to film the lectures in the lecture halls.
- The symposium organization (ISP2012) reserves the right to change the venue or date of its symposium up until March 2012. In the event that venue or date is changed, ISP2012 will not be responsible for covering airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by the registrants.
- The symposium organization (ISP2012) reserves the right to change the content or speaker of its symposium at any time without notification and will not be responsible for covering airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by the registrants.
- There will be no refund in the case of the scientific program and/or social events being partially or entirely delayed or cancelled because of events outside ISP2012’s reasonable control. The following events shall be taken to be outside ISP’s reasonable control: (a) Acts of nature - natural disasters (e.g. earthquake, mountain slide, volcano eruption), (b) outbreak of hostilities, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, invasion of Switzerland, (c) the act of any government or relevant authority (including refusal or revocation of any license or consent), (d) fire explosion, flood, leakage of water, extreme freezing fog, high winds or any other weather conditions which, in the opinion of ISP2012, renders the provision of service at that time impractical, (e) power failure, (f) default or delay of or change in arrangements made by suppliers, third party providers or sub contractors, (g) theft, malicious damage, strike, lock-out or industrial action of any kind, and (h) any cause or circumstances whatsoever beyond ISP’s reasonable control.
- The symposium organization (ISP2012) does not take out insurance to cover participants (or accepted responsibility) against accidents, injury or loss suffered while attending events or other risks.
- The symposium organization (ISP2012) accepts no responsibility for any loss incurred of personal belongings deposited in the symposium rooms, or any material submitted to the symposium (e.g. abstracts). These are the responsibility of the individual participant.
- The copyright of all presentation materials rests with the presenter, and ISP2012 may not be held responsible for any infringements as a result of plagiarism, libel, slander or any misuse of any material.
This disclaimer applies to the web-site of ISP2012 (the ”Site”) including all web-pages produced by the symposium organization (ISP2012).
The symposium organization (ISP2012) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the operation, quality, or functionality of the Site. Access to the Site may be interrupted, restricted, or delayed for any reason. Moreover, the symposium organization (ISP2012) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the security and confidentiality of any internet transmission to or from the Site. Therefore, the Site or any of the fax and mailing addresses should not be used to send confidential information.
Even though great care has been taken to maintain the accuracy of any material and information appearing on the Site, the symposium organization (ISP2012) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to its content, accuracy, completeness, timelessness, or fitness for any particular purpose.
To the full extent permissible by law, the symposium organization (ISP2012) disclaims all responsibility for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, personal injury, financial loss, damages for loss in business projects, loss of profits, or other consequential losses) arising in contract, tort, or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Site or any material or information appearing on the Site, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Site or any such material or information.
The Site contains links to external sites. the symposium organization (ISP2012) is not responsible for and have no control over the content of such sites. Information available via hypertext link from the symposium organization (ISP2012), is made available without responsibility on the part of the symposium organization (ISP2012).
Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with all relevant laws and regulations as well as ethical and medical standards. The symposium organization (ISP2012) will not take responsibility for any error, omission, or inaccuracy in advertising material. Appearance on the Site does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or value of a product or of the allegations made by the manufacturers.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright in all material published on the Site (not including abstracts) is owned by the symposium organization (ISP2012). Prints or download extracts from this material are permitted for educational and research purposes or personal use only. None of this material may be used for any commercial use.
No part of, or any material appearing on, the Site may be reproduced, stored in or transmitted on any other web-site (incl. intranet) nor is it permitted to create any derivative works based on the works contained on this Site without written permission of the symposium organization (ISP2012).
The symposium organization (ISP2012) may collect personal data provided by users of the Site (such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. during registration and/or abstract submission) in compliance with the Swiss Act on Data Protection. Such collected data will only be used for ISP information and to improve the content of the Site or to contact the respective persons in order to provide them with information they may be interested according to the estimation of the symposium organization (ISP2012). All non-personal information sent to the Site, such as suggestions, comments, ideas, are deemed to be non-confidential. The symposium organization (ISP2012) is free to use such non-personal information without any obligation whatsoever towards the provider of the information.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The Site is solely governed by Swiss substantive law, regardless of where the person using the Site resides or where this person made any posting, transaction, or connection with the Site. Any controversy with respect to the use of the Site will be decided by the courts of Bern, Switzerland. However, the symposium organization (ISP2012) will be free to raise claims at other jurisdictions in Switzerland and other countries.
By participating on the Site, you acknowledge that you are aware of the terms as aforesaid, that you understand these terms and that you agree to be bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, you should not access or use the Site.